Greetings from sunny Omaha. I wasn't sure when I would be able to say that again. It has been a bitter cold winter with too much snow. Even though the winter has been challenging with the cold and snow, we have had the excitement of Baby Hall to help us through it.
That excitement was taken to another level today as we were able to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. It is moments like this that make me pause and reflect on the miracle we are receiving and rejoice in our Creator.
Although this is an exciting time, it is also a time of great anxiety. This anxiety stems from the uncertainties of the development of the baby. One of the topics discussed during the doctors visit was that of Down syndrome. Erin and I were advised by the doctor that a nuchal ultra sound could be done to identify the risk of Down syndrome. We scheduled the ultra sound for this afternoon, but were told that preganancy is not far enough along to do the nuchal ultra sound. Therefore, the anxiety is still there, but we put our trust in God and believe Baby Hall will continue along a path of healthy development.
While the nuchal ultra sound was not able to be done, we were able to do an ultra sound today and determine how far along the pregnancy is. As I stated earlier, our excitement of the baby was taken to another level by hearing the baby's heartbeat. Even more exciting than that was being able to see the baby's heartbeat as well as seeing the baby during the ultra sound. I believe the technician described it best when she said the baby looks like a gummy bear (not sure I will be able to eat gummy bears again). Seeing the baby on the monitor is one of the most beautiful and amazing things I have ever seen.
Erin continues to do well through the pregnancy. She experiences some fatigue, but overall she is doing amazing. Please keep her in your prayers as well as the baby; that both continue to be healthy.
Blessings to each of you,
Tim
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What an exciting time for you both! I will pray for all three of you. Enjoy! Laurel Westerkamp
ReplyDeleteLove your decriptions! If you think seeing the heartbeat feels like seeing a miracle inside of ELH, just wait till you gaze at your baby and realize what a miracle life truly is.....amazing! So excited to share the journey with you both!
ReplyDeletePraying for you 3!
ReplyDelete